Thursday, July 10, 2014
LOADED
Have been perusing dating websites. I'm not interested in dating but I know at some point I'll have to. The idea at the moment sends shivers down my spine and makes me want to crawl in a cave, but since I don't want to be a cat lady I know at some point it's inevitable. The dating not the being a cat lady. Just for inquiring minds I'm giving myself 6 months to a year. As I have been perusing these sites I've found some obvious pitfalls. The largest is the question about children. Do I want them? Does he want them? Back in the dark ages, when I was dating, these things would have come up naturally. The state of my uterus was unknown at the time, but if I had known, there would have been time to get to know the person before discussing the pitfall of my organs. Is there even a way to answer the kid question in a questionnaire? The answer no is not exactly right but the answer yes is misleading. Perhaps a maybe would suffice but even a maybe implies that it's a possibility. How about I'd love a child how much do you have to put down? Or yes but in search of egg donor and healthy uterus. There is always the loved ask me later that would imply I'd like to discuss my uterus on a first date. Maybe my answer could just be peri-menopausal I bet that'd score me a date or two. I am mostly poking fun cause really what else is there to do. Perhaps the whole cat lady scenario isn't so bad after all. L has always wanted a cat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Loaded indeed!
I have been thinking of a post, but haven't even been able to formulate the words (ha ha) because I get all deer caught in the headlights when people ask if we have kids...yes...how many 1...how old...uh...7? When and who do you tell? How far into the conversation? We have to access if they are going to be long term? Will they find out? Am I discrediting Aviana's memory? Am I up for disclosing? No, not usually.
We are a loaded group, aren't we? Yes. Those who love us, will love us...no two ways about it. When the right one comes along...it will happen. It's already in the making. It's already in the stars. That's what I fully believe.
"There's a time for everything. For everyone. You can push with all your might, but nothing's gonna come."
~ Van Halen
It just doesn't matter how you answer, if it's going to happen, it will. Am I crazy in saying that? Some may say.
Post a Comment